Hyperglance Provides AWS, OpenStack Infrastructure View in One Tab
Hyperglance Ltd. announced the 4.0 version of its service that provides an interactive, 3D topology view of combined Amazon Web Services Inc. (AWS) and OpenStack cloud infrastructure setups in one browser tab.
Hyperglance 4.0 helps organizations map, monitor and manage resources across cloud domains, systems, accounts, virtual private clouds and regions, the company said in a statement last week.
The 3D, interactive topology maps let users drill down into each resource to show relevant information such as attributes, graphs, alarms and lists, pulled from source API.
The London-based company said its tool helps enterprises close the "visibility gap" into infrastructure systems resulting from the fast growth of Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) offerings and hybrid cloud implementations in which some assets are kept in-house and some are migrated to the public cloud. "This cross-domain, multi-cloud chaos has created a visibility gap that must be addressed with more cohesive IT relationship insight," the company said.
Provided benefits listed by the company include:
- Secure, relevant, multi-tenant, multi-cloud topology insight in a single browser tab view.
- More rapid troubleshooting and optimization with greater context via secure resource controls from topology view.
- Immediate, accurate validation of proper network segmentation required for security compliance such as required by the PCI Data Security Standard.
- Greater collaboration across infrastructure domains or IT groups via consistent topology view.
- Easy identification and reduction of anomalies, performance issues, underutilization, and other problem areas without having to correlate events across different systems, tabular views, or same system modules.
"Hyperglance provides a valuable tool for AWS and OpenStack users to gain cross-domain infrastructure visibility and implement secure actions with greater context," the company quoted analyst Dan Twing at Enterprise Management Associates as saying. "The unique, interactive, 3D topology console provides users with faster time to insight and more proactive troubleshooting of relevant cloud resources."
The company plans future integrations with platforms such as VMware, Cisco APIC EM, Docker, OpenDaylight and Microsoft Azure. For now, Hyperglance 4.0 is available for a 14-day trial, with regular pricing detailed here.
David Ramel is an editor and writer for Converge360.