AWS Cloud Gets New Software Defined Perimeter Offering
Israeli security specialist Safe-T has unveiled a Software Defined Perimeter (SDP) offering for the Amazon Web Services Inc. (AWS) cloud.
Now available on the AWS Marketplace is Safe-T Software Defined Perimeter 3.51, letting users securely access cloud services without having to use a virtual private network (VPN).
Supporting protocols like HTTP/S, RDH5 and WebDAV, SDP provides an access suite for remote users and partners for internal services, the company said, including Web, Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP), NTFS, e-mail and so on.
The company, a "Zero Trust provider" that describes itself as a vendor of Secure Access solutions for on-premise and hybrid cloud environments, said its offering comes with a "Bring Your Own License" (BYOL) model flexibility.
"More and more organizations are moving towards the cloud to cut costs and increase agility, selecting AWS Marketplace as their cloud infrastructure," said company exec Eitan Bremler. "With the introduction of our SDP solution on the AWS Marketplace, we can now reach and help more businesses to simply secure their cloud, data, and application access with easy and quick purchase subscriptions to Safe-T's SDP."
In addition to obviating the need for VPN access, the company's Web site says SDP provides capabilities including:
- Firewall is constantly in a deny-all state, no open port (inbound or outbound) is required for access.
- Supports a variety of applications -- HTTP/S, SMTP, SFTP, SSH, APIs, RDH5, WebDAV.
- Bi-directional traffic is handled on outbound connections from the LAN to the outside world.
- Defines new reverse-access rules on-demand.
- Allows client-less access to data, services, networks and APIs.
- Robust partner authentication options.
- Performs SSL decryption in a secure zone.
- Scans all incoming traffic using the organization's security solutions.
- Hides DMZ components which can be hacked and utilized to access the network.
- Detects and reports on the presence of bots and malicious insiders for quick event resolution.
- Provides only direct application/service access, thereby blocking network access.
"The addition of the AWS Marketplace listing, positions Safe-T as the Zero Trust vendor with the ability to provide the widest range of SDP solutions in the market, with a fit to all types of organizations -- those that prefer to purchase and deploy On-Premise solutions, those organizations that consume Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions, and now also consumers of Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) solutions," the company said.
David Ramel is an editor and writer for Converge360.