Cloud Kickstart for AWS: Up and Running in 6 Weeks
Cloud Technology Partners today said its new kickstart offering can cut the onramp time to cloud-hosted enterprise IT operations from one year to just six weeks.
CTP, which specializes in moving enterprises to the cloud, unveiled Cloud Kickstart for Amazon Web Services (AWS), a fixed-time, fixed-price service that provides essential automation, security, governance and compliance controls for the Amazon Web Services Inc. platform.
Enterprises can begin to gain cloud benefits sooner by leveraging pre-built tools for continuous integrations and continuous testing that boost the efficiency of DevOps teams, the company said.
The kickstart program provides already-in-place controls for:
- CTP's recommended tagging standards
- AWS account standards
- IPSec VPN connectivity to AWS
- Platform common services Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) -- both production and nonproduction
- Active Directory integration for controlling access to tooling and environment
- Automated creation of Windows and Linux Amazon Machine Images (AMIs)
- AMI snapshot management
- Creation of custom Identity and Access Management (IAM) Roles
- SDLC toolchain using best-of-breed automation tools
"In addition to these features, Cloud Kickstart for AWS also includes a robust reference architecture created with best-of-breed tools in the AWS ecosystem to create a simple package for rapid AWS adoption at scale," the company said in a statement today. "From configuration management with Chef to security leveraging Trend Micro, Dome9 Arc and Vault, to operational analytics using Sumo Logic, Cloud Kickstart for AWS includes all the tools you need to ensure a secure and compliant AWS environment."
The company also has a kickstart program for the Microsoft Azure cloud. Pricing details weren't disclosed.
David Ramel is the editor of Visual Studio Magazine.