AWS Goes Big on Notifications
Amazon Web Services is making a push to keep its cloud users informed about their projects and services, adding a bevy of notification options.
The company recently announced: "You can now receive notifications about events in repositories, build projects, deployments, and pipelines" for several different services, including:
- AWS CodeCommit: for hosting secure Git-based repositories.
- AWS CodeBuild: a service that compiles source code, runs tests, and produces software packages that are ready to deploy.
- AWS CodeDeploy: a deployment service that automates software deployments to a variety of compute services such as Amazon EC2, AWS Fargate, AWS Lambda, and on-premises servers.
- AWS CodePipeline: a continuous delivery service that helps automate release pipelines for application and infrastructure updates.
The Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS) notifications provide a status message and a link to the resources that triggered an event to generate the notification.
AWS Chatbot users have the option to have the notifications be sent to their Slack Channels (collaboration software with real-time messaging) or chatrooms in the Amazon Chime communications service (see below).
More information is available in:
- The announcement post
- The Amazon Simple Notification Service site
- The "What Are Notifications?" guide
- The "Configure Integration Between Notifications and AWS Chatbot" guide
David Ramel is an editor and writer for Converge360.