Firm's Managed Cloud Controls Target AWS Compliance, Costs
Cloud Technology Partners (CTP) today announced a new suite of services designed to help organizations using the Amazon Web Services Inc. (AWS) cloud manage compliance and control costs.
In announcing a new category of services, called Managed Cloud Controls, CTP is starting with two inaugural services: Continuous Compliance and Continuous Cost Control for AWS.
"Having completed hundreds of enterprise cloud adoption engagements for sophisticated and highly regulated companies, CTP has seen firsthand the common pitfalls that stall cloud transformation projects and limit the realization of the full benefits of AWS," the company said in a statement today.
"Two critical blockers to large scale AWS adoption are regulatory compliance and cost management. Most in-house IT teams lack the expertise required to keep cloud environments continually in compliance amid today’s rapidly evolving regulatory environment, let alone maintain clear visibility of their cloud spend."
CTP said Continuous Compliance provides:
- Continuous monitoring of more than 1,000 IT compliance, corporate governance and regulatory compliance controls, both technical and non-technical.
- A centralized source of Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) information for AWS environments.
- Enterprise-level visibility of compliance via executive and operational dashboards.
- Real-time alerting of control failures and recommendations for remediation.
- Up-to-date policies from regulatory organizations that ensure compliance frameworks are updated upon release.
- Continuous synchronization of new AWS services and capabilities with regulatory compliance frameworks.
- Reduced time, cost and complexity of audit preparation.
The company said Continuous Cost Control provides:
- A holistic view of all costs associated with an enterprise cloud program including legacy and projected application and infrastructure costs.
- Smart application tagging and mapping of actual spend, enabling application owner accountability.
- Reconciliation of actual cloud costs back to business case ROI/TCO projections.
- Executive and operational dashboards showing the real-time status of AWS and Cloud Adoption Program related costs.
- Monitoring and alerting of costs anomalies, with recommendations for cost optimization.
CTP said free demos are available.
David Ramel is an editor and writer for Converge360.